¡Tu mensaje de bienvenida, twitter o publicidad aquí!

| Suscríbete vía RSS

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Don't Be A Slave To Your Business

| |

In order for a business to work, you need manpower. If you were to slog day and night for your business just to save manpower costs, it's not considered a business anymore. It's rather called self-employment. If you don't work, the business doesn't generate revenue for you automatically. Just like a taxi-driver, if you don't drive your taxi, you get no income.

Just like when I was operating TR3DIO, I was the sole proprietor and I had to answer the phone calls from customers, collect the orders from photo shops, process the orders at home, check the orders, print labels and packaging and lastly deliver the orders. It was utterly a one-man-show. My time was very limited and I was occupied with the operations process that I didn't have time to do business development and marketing. I didn't have time to oversee the marketing aspect and that was when my competitor took away my business slowly - they were sucking up to the staff in the photo shops.

I could have hired some part-timers to do the work for me and also a part-time delivery man so as to ease my burden. Part-timers should play a very important part in a new business, because it's inexpensive to hire and you can increase your productivity without much burden on you. So that you can concentrate on the business development and the "sucking up" part where you are responsible to do the work. That's where the money is coming in!

If you feel that you are doing everything in your business. Stop and think how your business is going to grow if you got caught in the daily operations.

0 comments: